Friday, March 14, 2008

Guess who I met today!

I met the Grim Reaper! I was down by the beach, and this pale guy came up to me, with a fold up chair under his arm.

"Are you planning to go swimming?", he said.
"No", I said, "I am not much of a swimmer.
"Good, because I am taking the day off. I don't want to work today".
"Everybody needs a day of, every now and then".
"Yup", he said, and he sat down on his chair. "Hoping to catch some sun".
"Yeah, you are looking a bit pale".
Actually, calling him a bit pale was to call lava lukewarm. He was white.
"Yeah", he said, "I so rarely gets to just relax in the sun".
"You don't get to relax in the sun. You make time for it".
"Amen, brother".

Then we ate Cornettos. Oh, and I won over him in a game of beach volleyball, so now he can't claim my soul. So I got that going for me.

No comments: