Sunday, April 13, 2008

Going to the movies. Or, staying for the movies.

So, according to my motley crew... I am now being informed by the Blonde sitting in my couch, that if I refer to my friends as being my motley crew ever again, there will be blood. So, according to my friends, I spend much of my time whining about the things I miss on the outside, so they will, occasionally, attempt to recreate the feeling of those things. For example, I was recently complaining about not being able to go to the cinema. So, they decided to give me a home theater.

By home theater, I mean, ofcourse, that they replaced my chairs with more uncomfortable ones and put them in three rows. I sat in the middle row, and Mark, wearing a tophat, sat right in front of me, chewing the noisiest food available. Behind me sat Ashleys nephew, who was screaming and kicking my seat. Next to me sat Julia, who was laughing inappropriatly and never shut up. Y'know, talking to the screen. "Don't go in there", "Tell her you love her" and "Eat a sandwich, girlfriend", while she swung her arms in a halfcircle and snapped her fingers. I am not sure what brought the last one up. And I have no idea where Ashley got that pizza she was eating. Or why. Who the hell brings food to the cinema?

Anyway, Mark is insistint that we turn this place into a nightclub next time, but clubbing is not one of the thing that I miss. I am not sure what happened, but the last time I went clubbing, I woke up in a tank heading for Berlin. I am not sure what I was doing there, but I found a note in my pocket that said "Milk, sugar, eggs, revenge for WWII", so I have to assume that I was going shopping.

1 comment:

Krankor said...

Did they force you to sit through 20 minutes of ads and 20 minutes of trailers before the movie started?

What about the lame slide-show trivia before the ads?