Monday, October 6, 2008

From my taperecorder

Julia - No, you can't.
Me -  Yes I can.
Julia - But you are not from the american south.
Me -  Being a southern gentleman is a state of mind.
Julia - That is the most northern state.
Me -  Hm? No, I said "mind". State of Mind.
Julia - Can't you just be a gentleman.
Me - Haven't I always been a gentleman?
Julia - You spent all day yesterday shooting spitballs at Denby.
Me - He had it coming.
Julia - What about...
Me - He pitched a dang tent on the curb. Look at him, looking at me, the creep.
Julia - You are not from the south and you are no gentleman.
Me - Alright, tell you what. If I can be a southern gentleman, you can be a southern belle.
Julia - ...Really?
Me - Sure.
Julia - Like Vivian Leigh?
Me - Yeah, only, you know, not mentally ill.
Julia - Yeah. I'm going to dance and dance!
Me - You do that.
Julia - Tonight I wouldn't mind dancing with Abe Lincoln himself!
Me - Girl, I said, girl, dat boy is a yankee, and y'all best stay aways from him.

And we continued like that for a couple of hours.

1 comment:

Krankor said...

He pitched a dang tent on the curb. Look at him, looking at me, the creep

That is creepy. I didn't realize that Denby was into you in that way.