Friday, September 4, 2009

A rainy day

And it was rainy. Very much so. Like a tropic storm, but without the wind. So just heavy rain, really, now that I think about it.

Ashley: Yes, we get it. It is rainy outside. How long can you keep yappering about it?
Young: It is rainy, I agree. I would not like to be caught outside in weather like this.
Ashley: Where is Red at today?
Young: I sent her out of town for coffee.
Ashley: Out of town? How far out of town?
Young: 120 or so kilometers. They have a really good coffeeplace there.
Ashley: How will they even keep the coffee warm?
Young: I gave her a thermobox. And those Coffee of Doom-ladies know what they are doing, anyway.
Ashley: Coffee of Doom?
Young: So part of my coffee enjoyment comes from knowing that it comes from a cool-named place. Big deal.
Ashley: It is when you make your assistants drive halfway across the state for coffee.
Young: That is what she is paid for. Plus, she beat me at Mario Kart the other day, so I need to reaffirm that I am still the boss, even if I do have to call her Princess Julia of Rainbow Road for the next week.
Ashley: ... Rainy day.
Young: Indeed.

No comments: